As If It Never Happened





I’m listening to The Almost’s debut album, Southern Weather as I type this. The Almost is Aaron Gillespie’s (Underoath) side project and the best part of this record is that he recorded all the instruments except for some bass on certain songs. This is a multi talented wonder boy that never ceases to stop working. If he’s not on tour with Underoath, he’d be out on tour with The Almost. The record is simply brilliant. The songs are filled with awesome hooks and the instrumentation just works perfectly to portray the clever lyrics. This is in no way an attempt to review the record because my words will just fall short of what it is worth and will not do it justice. I don’t even know why I’m saying this because obviously no one is gonna go out and get the album anyway.

I guess it’s just the sheer brilliance that I admire that steered me to write about it because I can’t contain it inside anymore. It’s just like Silverchair’s Young Modern, it’s so brilliant it makes you wanna cry.

On the topic of music, I was thinking of how much I’ve learnt about music all this while and there is no end to it. I wish I could absorb everything faster though. But I guess learning from mistakes just takes time and we just have to run the course, just like a fever or cold, we’ll just have to go through it till it’s over. Everyone makes mistakes and gets cheated in life. I think the latter just shows that there are close to no one left that’s honest these days. There’s only this much one person can do.

When I wrote the material for my first record, I was excited to get it all down on plastic. I knew that it wasn’t going to be easy as I’ve done my research. So I worked hard, prepared well for it and did the best I could to avoid any potential mistakes that will slow the process of recording down. Through the recording process, I was excited to see it as a final product, ready to hit the shelves. By the end of it, things were going great but I have to admit, there were times when frustration crept in. The gigs that followed after the release of the record kept me going.
Through all that, I thought to myself, this may be the last record that I will make. But I guess no one ever stops making a record after just releasing one, even if that debut shot the artist to super stardom or made him incredibly poor, they will keep doing what the love to do the most. These are just random thoughts and I wrote an essay again. Damn!
______________________________________________________
Broken Scar's album, Midnight In St. Kilda is available on www.mytracks.com/brokenscar

0 Responses to “As If It Never Happened”

Post a Comment



Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Who Is Broken Scar:


    Loves Jesus. Singer. Guitarist. Songwriter. Audio Engineer. Producer. Wears band t-shirts. Wears red t-shirts. Based in Melbourne.



    Broken%20Scar
    Quantcast

    Broken%20Scar
    Quantcast




    XML
    Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com 




    © 2015 Writings In The Sand
    No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.