The Used

I just got back from catching The Used at Festival Hall. It was surreal just standing there in middle of the sea of Used fans. The mosh pit was mad! It was an awesome show and the sound guys were a great bunch. Although it was an awesome show, I'm having mixed feelings about it and I've got no idea why.
Edit: Maybe it's because I had really high expectations since I've seen all their DVDs and videos on youtube. Maybe I expected them to play much longer than they did. I expected them to play at least 2 hours but they only played close to an hour. All the songs were awesome, and the medley of the old songs were refreshing but maybe I would have preferred a smoother and tighter transition between songs. Like, song after song, bang, bang, bang. That's what Saosin did and it was awesome. Bert created the biggest mosh pit Festival Hall has ever seen and since I knew he was going to do that, I got out of the way. I didn't wanna die in the pit man. I didn't take any good pictures because the last time I was at Festival Hall, they didn't allow cameras although they didn't check at all this time round. Bummer! I took some pictures with my crappy phone camera and the result was crap, no prize for that. I'm sure there will be videos on youtube soon.
______________________________________________________
Broken Scar's album, Midnight In St. Kilda is available on www.mytracks.com/brokenscar

0 Responses to “The Used”

Post a Comment



Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Who Is Broken Scar:


    Loves Jesus. Singer. Guitarist. Songwriter. Audio Engineer. Producer. Wears band t-shirts. Wears red t-shirts. Based in Melbourne.



    Broken%20Scar
    Quantcast

    Broken%20Scar
    Quantcast




    XML
    Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com 




    © 2015 Writings In The Sand
    No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.