Mixdown Tutorials

I think this year must be the year of "firsts". All this while, I've been training up sound technicians but only in a very casual and informal fashion but today was a first because I taught two mixing tutorials at SAE College, Melbourne. It was still pretty casual and laid back but it's in a very different environment. I felt comfortable doing it though. I ran through the basics of mixing, what gear is involved, what effects are, what EQ is, what panning is and demonstrated a few mixdowns for the students to get an idea of how a typical mixdown session will run and how things should sit in the mix.

I had a great time with the kids. I taught two groups. The first group was a talkative and bubbly bunch. All of them were keen to try their hands at mixing and I managed to engage all of them to participate. The second group however, was great but a little bit quieter compared to my first group.

All in all, it was a fantastic day for firsts.

______________________________________________________
Broken Scar's album, Midnight In St. Kilda is available on www.mytracks.com/brokenscar

0 Responses to “Mixdown Tutorials”

Post a Comment



Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Who Is Broken Scar:


    Loves Jesus. Singer. Guitarist. Songwriter. Audio Engineer. Producer. Wears band t-shirts. Wears red t-shirts. Based in Melbourne.



    Broken%20Scar
    Quantcast

    Broken%20Scar
    Quantcast




    XML
    Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com 




    © 2015 Writings In The Sand
    No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.