Surviving

I am currently struggling to survive the day. It has been hectic in the past weeks with dramas of all sorts. If I could, I would write all about it but at the moment, I am not even sure if I will be able to finish this blog post as I had planned in my head.

It has been difficult to sleep at night these days. A myriad of thoughts and ideas occupy the space in my head. For some strange reason, they become very active especially at night, keeping me from sleeping well.

Ideas come at the strangest times and if you don’t capitalize on them, they would just disappear without a trace. I don’t really mind if the ideas are good, but one will never know whether they are good ideas or not until they are realized in their full potential. Anyway, worries occupy this creative space as well. It’s a bummer really to have to juggle so many things at the same time. Emotions haven’t even come into play yet. Put all that together, jumble it up and see what a mess it can be.

So, instead of fighting it, I went with it. I used to stay up late, doing things which are not that mentally taxing but these days I stay up working on assignments full fledge. Sometimes moods do get the best of you even if you have the best if intentions. I love the assignments I work on, but it’s just hectic, robbing me from a balanced life.

It boils down to a matter of priority I guess and I’m having a hard time prioritizing. I hate having to choose which gets more attention.

Another factor causing my lack of sleep is inconsiderate neighbors. They’d start partying at midnight or sometimes at 2am and the music doesn’t stop till the next day. I am not exaggerating. Last week, it went on for 36 hours straight! The bass pounding the thin apartment walls was killing me. I’m a musician and don’t mind loud music, but not for 36 hours straight. I’d die of fatigue. That’s how loud it was. It drove me to the point where I had no choice but to write them a note to ask them if they could turn the music down. It wasn’t a hate note though. I tried to write it as pleasant and as nice as possible.

So here I am, sitting here, just trying to survive this day. There’s heaps to do but there’s so little time. Always comes back to the same case, back to square one.

I am currently working on my business plan assignment and I wish I had more time to do an excellent one, but now I’m not too sure what the outcome will be.

We’ll see…


____________________________________________________
Broken Scar's album, Midnight In St. Kilda is available on www.mytracks.com/brokenscar

1 Responses to “Surviving”

  1. # Blogger Kamelia

    I both love and hate the muse that starts whispering to you in the dead of the night. I used to write poetry that way. But my muse decided to take a long vacation. She still isn't back yet...  

Post a Comment



Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Who Is Broken Scar:


    Loves Jesus. Singer. Guitarist. Songwriter. Audio Engineer. Producer. Wears band t-shirts. Wears red t-shirts. Based in Melbourne.



    Broken%20Scar
    Quantcast

    Broken%20Scar
    Quantcast




    XML
    Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com 




    © 2015 Writings In The Sand
    No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.