Divine Appointment

Tomorrow is the big day. One more sleep to go and we'll be hitting the stage at Miss Libertine but that's not what I want to talk about right now because this morning, I had a divine appointment.

It was one of those mornings that I didn't feel like waking up and getting ready to be where I was meant to be. I just dreaded it because I haven't had a chance to sleep in for so long and I was grumpy. Plus, it was a Saturday. All I wanted to do was stay in bed, you know? I'm sure you've had those mornings before. But I am glad I dragged myself out of bed at 6:30 am this morning to go and mix at the Revolution Conference at Bridge Church. I am glad I made the decision to be there because God knew that I needed to be there. He knew that I needed to hear the sermon from Ps Matt Garner.

The awesome thing about God is that He knows what I want and what I need. It did not matter that I didn't want to be there this morning and all I wanted to do was sleep in because the bottom line was that I needed to be there. It was a youth conference and usually the themes are catered to the teenagers. I could have easily "turned off" because all I was there to do was mix but God had bigger plans. I went there to "do a job" but came out a changed man. I learnt a lot today about faith, about making a physical action to cause a spiritual reaction, about listening closely to His voice and most importantly that God is just so incredibly magnificent.

I am glad that I serve an awesome prayer answering God. This is one of those pivotal points in my life that I ought to make a monument out of it because today my life changed. These are my rocks from the river.

Oh, I think I have also just uncovered the mystery of the fountain of youth. It's simple, surround yourself with passionate young people and you will feel younger and it will simply fuel your passion. This phrase resonates in my mind as I type this. "The younger generation can learn from the older generation's experience while the older generation can learn from the younger generation's passion".

This journey of discovery called life is so interesting and I'm glad I'm discovering it with the author of life Himself as well as the amazing friends and family I am surrounded with.

______________________________________________________
All Broken Scar's music is available on www.reverbnation.com/brokenscar

Labels:

2 Responses to “Divine Appointment”

  1. # Blogger iamamonkeysoareyou

    nice....  

  2. # Blogger Kevin Broken Scar

    Thanks bro!  

Post a Comment



Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Who Is Broken Scar:


    Loves Jesus. Singer. Guitarist. Songwriter. Audio Engineer. Producer. Wears band t-shirts. Wears red t-shirts. Based in Melbourne.



    Broken%20Scar
    Quantcast

    Broken%20Scar
    Quantcast




    XML
    Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com 




    © 2015 Writings In The Sand
    No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.