Maton Guitar Factory Tour

Warning: this is a picture heavy post.

Jeremy and I went to the Maton Factory out in Blackburn to meet the maker of Jeremy's custom made Maton acoustic. For you acoustic guitar enthusiasts out there, here's a glimpse of the factory in pictures.

The wood in the drying process


George, our tour guide. He's worked at Maton as a guitar builder from the early Maton days




Jeremy's guitar maker. His name is Andy (if I'm not mistaken). He runs the Maton Custom Shop and he builds guitars from the start till the end.


One of the custom jobs














Sweet wood!










The painting and finish department




This is where the pickups are made


The finished custom models

After this experience, I realise that there's a lot of work put into making acoustic guitars. A bulk of the process is still done by hand. Also, I now know that the acoustic guitar is not as delicate as I thought it was. If something breaks, it can be fixed. It may not be easy as the whole guitar needs to be taken apart, but it can be done. All you need is the right tools and skill.

______________________________________________________
Broken Scar's album, Midnight In St. Kilda is available on www.mytracks.com/brokenscar

Labels: ,

3 Responses to “Maton Guitar Factory Tour”

  1. # Blogger Missy Allets

    Awesome!

    I've always wanted to custom-make one for my Dad. What's most important to look out for when purchasing one? Share share? ;) Heheh  

  2. # Blogger Mr Magoo

    Loved the tour. Want to go there one day. Thanks for the blog  

  3. # Blogger Kevin Broken Scar

    missy allets: No worries, will have a chat bout that with you over coffee. Deal? Sorry I missed your comment earlier and it took me so long to reply to it.

    dare: cheers dude. I had heaps more pictures and videos but it would have taken ages to upload. You should come down for the tour one day. It's awesome. I've learnt heaps bout acoustic guitars since the tour.  

Post a Comment



Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Who Is Broken Scar:


    Loves Jesus. Singer. Guitarist. Songwriter. Audio Engineer. Producer. Wears band t-shirts. Wears red t-shirts. Based in Melbourne.



    Broken%20Scar
    Quantcast

    Broken%20Scar
    Quantcast




    XML
    Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com 




    © 2015 Writings In The Sand
    No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.