Geelong


Geelong town


The National Hotel, Geelong.


The weekend was dedicated to The Bright Star Alliance.

Saturday. Mixed TBSA @ The Arthouse, Melbourne. It was House Vs. Hurricane's EP launch. It was a great time hanging out with the band and a Michael, a good friend of mine.

Sunday. Mixed TBSA @ The National Hotel, Geelong. Hitched a ride with Tom, TBSA's guitarist to Geelong. The drive was definitely scenic and it was a pleasant surprise to see Geelong town as the sun was out, nice and bright. It was still deceivingly freezing though. The moment I got out of the car to load-in, I was greeted with a blast of cold sea breeze. Intense! This was an all ages gig in a cosy venue. There was a bbq out in the courtyard too. Perfect lunch!

The band brought all their gear, heads, cabs, drums and the works except Nikki's bass cab all the way out to Geelong and it was worth it. Great gear = great sound = better mixing!

I had such a great time over the weekend, hanging out with the boys and enjoying the rest of the bands. Road trips are always fun. My eyes and ears are still wide open and always keen on going places. I was really happy with both the mixes on the weekend and it was the best feeling to see the boys in the band walk off stage happy and satisfied with the fullness of the sound. This doesn't mean I've become complacent though. I'm still getting there, one step at a time.

I have a great job. I love what I do. It has it's challenges and it stresses me out all the time but for the moment, the adrenalin is keeping me going. At every gig, I'd get my 30 minute adrenalin fix. The 30 minutes are always intense but it's something I enjoy doing. I can't imagine myself doing anything else.

There's always two sides to a coin and I tend to always want what I don't have. So this is a conscious effort to tell myself that I shall live for the moment and enjoy what I have. Thanks B.

______________________________________________________
Broken Scar's album, Midnight In St. Kilda is available on www.mytracks.com/brokenscar

0 Responses to “Geelong”

Post a Comment



Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Who Is Broken Scar:


    Loves Jesus. Singer. Guitarist. Songwriter. Audio Engineer. Producer. Wears band t-shirts. Wears red t-shirts. Based in Melbourne.



    Broken%20Scar
    Quantcast

    Broken%20Scar
    Quantcast




    XML
    Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com 




    © 2015 Writings In The Sand
    No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.