R.E.S.P.E.C.T.

http://ilovedags.blogspot.com/2008/06/dearest-prime-minister.html

I respect this dude for having the balls to say what he wants to say without any censorship.

People are slowly waking up but how much can be done anyway? We can talk about the RM2.70 increased petrol price, the corruption, the incompetent government and everything under the sun all we want but it will be mere coffee shop talk. We can voice our opinions all we want but if they are not backed up by facts, they'd be pointless. Yes, people are ranting on their blogs more openly now and there's slightly more transparency, but is there true transparency, really?

There are all kinds of freedom fighters out there trying to be heroes. I respect all that and I'm not against their awesome work, but how much can be done, really?

Right now, I'm just happy mixing bands. Call it escapism but I'm not going to let all this get to me. In a way it's a negative thing for me because when I'm happy I tend not to write any music as I write best when I'm pissed off. Oh well, whatever.

Sometimes not having an opinion is an opinion good enough for me. One person can't stop the country from self destructing. Let them fight their wars, let them indulge in corruption and the dirty politics. As long as I don't do these dirty deeds, my conscience is clean and clear, as naive as that sounds. I'm happy.

______________________________________________________
Broken Scar's album, Midnight In St. Kilda is available on www.mytracks.com/brokenscar

0 Responses to “R.E.S.P.E.C.T.”

Post a Comment



Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Who Is Broken Scar:


    Loves Jesus. Singer. Guitarist. Songwriter. Audio Engineer. Producer. Wears band t-shirts. Wears red t-shirts. Based in Melbourne.



    Broken%20Scar
    Quantcast

    Broken%20Scar
    Quantcast




    XML
    Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com 




    © 2015 Writings In The Sand
    No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.