A Funny Story

I was out of the house by 5:40 am this morning. Yes, that’s probably the first time I’ve left the apartment that early this year. I went to the studio at school to track some demos. Want to hear a funny story? Read on.

Fast forward. I had done all the setup, gotten a sweet sound and recorded all the guitars for an entire track. Here’s the track list.

1. Click
2. Rhythm Guitar Left - SE 5600
3. Rhythm Guitar Left - SE 2200
4. Rhythm Guitar Left - AKG C414
5. Rhythm Guitar Left - D.I.
6. Rhythm Guitar Right – SE 5600
7. Rhythm Guitar Right – SE 2200
8. Rhythm Guitar Right – AKG C414
9. Rhythm Guitar Right - D.I.
10. Guitar lines for Verse - SE 2200
11. Guitar lines for Verse - AKG C414
12. Guitar lines for Chorus - SE 2200
13. Guitar lines for Chorus - AKG C414
14. Guitar Single Lines – D.I.

So it doesn’t look like there are that many tracks, but bear in mind this was just the guitar tracks. It was a lot for me as I spent a total of 5 hours getting it all right. The feel was right, the sound was right, the timing was right and it was the best take of this song that I have ever done (I have actually recorded this song once prior to this and that took a few takes). I tracked the guitar in one take each and it was sweet as ever.

So here’s the funny part of the story. Once I finished this song, I saved it and wanted to begin working on another track. So, I created a copy of the Pro Tools file, so that I could work off the same settings as I did with the previous song. In the process, I deleted all the audio files by mistake and the entire recording was gone. Just like that! The best take I’ve ever done, GONE!

Oh well, I just had to put that behind me and I re-recorded everything. It’s just not the same, you know?
It was a very costly mistake and I’ve learnt from it. Never delete anything! Back everything up!
______________________________________________________
Broken Scar's album, Midnight In St. Kilda is available on www.mytracks.com/brokenscar

0 Responses to “A Funny Story”

Post a Comment



Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Who Is Broken Scar:


    Loves Jesus. Singer. Guitarist. Songwriter. Audio Engineer. Producer. Wears band t-shirts. Wears red t-shirts. Based in Melbourne.



    Broken%20Scar
    Quantcast

    Broken%20Scar
    Quantcast




    XML
    Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com 




    © 2015 Writings In The Sand
    No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.