Lifted

Whenever someone walks through the glass door of my apartment building two steps before me, they'd usually hurry up, catch the lift, close the lift doors and head up straight away without waiting. It has happened so many times to me that I got so fed up and thought to myself, "I'm not going to wait for anyone anymore the next time. I'm going to do the same thing just like anyone else". But I guess, deep down, I didn't really want to be just like anyone else.

Today, as I entered the lift, I heard someone come through the glass door. I held the lift, peeked my head out and asked, "going up?". The dude said thanks and added, "wow, I thought you would have closed the door and gone up by now". We had a good laugh and for a moment there I thought, I don't have to be like everyone else. I know it sounds soppy, but it never hurts to show a little kindness.

______________________________________________________
All Broken Scar's music is available on www.reverbnation.com/brokenscar

2 Responses to “Lifted”

  1. # Blogger Kamelia

    The world sometimes really works agaisnt you when you want to be kind. What you did was really nice, and certainly the kind of thing that would make my day, if someone held the lift for me :)  

  2. # Blogger freestyler

    Now I see the real Malaysian in you... Cheers buddy! God bless!  

Post a Comment



Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Who Is Broken Scar:


    Loves Jesus. Singer. Guitarist. Songwriter. Audio Engineer. Producer. Wears band t-shirts. Wears red t-shirts. Based in Melbourne.



    Broken%20Scar
    Quantcast

    Broken%20Scar
    Quantcast




    XML
    Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com 




    © 2015 Writings In The Sand
    No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.