Blast From The Past


Around this time two years ago, I received an email from Kok Meng, a friend I've known since kindergarten. The email subject read, "Blast From The Past" and attached is a photo with the file name, "OldSkool2.jpg" and all Meng said was, "Dudes, looky what I got".

I clicked it and this is what I saw! Our kindergarten class photo! Haha! Meng had posted this on Facebook some time back and I totally forgot to make a mention of it here. I think I'm inspired to blog again.

Anyway, I'm quite happy to say that I am still in touch with some of the dudes. Out of the whole lot, Ian Cheah was the one I kinda kept in touch with the most simply because we were into music and through him, hooked up with the rest. Looking at that picture, you'd never guess what we'd grow up to be. Ian for one played bass in one of the most respected bands in Malaysia, Damn Dirty Apes and joined Chino, Fumi and myself in the later years of John's Mistress, after Dan left for the UK.

It's amazing how our paths cross and we're all connected in some way. We all took quite different paths and got to where we are today but back then, it was all just fun and games. In the little forum on Facebook, the boys wondered where all the girls are today and whether they grew up to be hotties. Haha! A mystery we've yet to crack.

Oh by the way, guess which one I am in the picture.

______________________________________________________
All Broken Scar's music is available on www.reverbnation.com/brokenscar

Labels:

1 Responses to “Blast From The Past”

  1. # Blogger iamamonkeysoareyou

    I half expected to see a kid in glasses, long hair in a red t-shirt with some emo band name on it......

    alas.....it wasnt to be.....  

Post a Comment



Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Who Is Broken Scar:


    Loves Jesus. Singer. Guitarist. Songwriter. Audio Engineer. Producer. Wears band t-shirts. Wears red t-shirts. Based in Melbourne.



    Broken%20Scar
    Quantcast

    Broken%20Scar
    Quantcast




    XML
    Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com 




    © 2015 Writings In The Sand
    No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.