Taken Home

I have just handed in the Entertainment Law take-home exam. It was due at 5 pm and because I had to come home to do some final editing, formatting and adding the final touches to it, I only managed to hand it in at 450 pm, which was close!

I also realised that this was the first time I have ever sat for an exam like this. It was given to us last Monday and we had the whole week to work on it. My friends asked, “wouldn’t that be an assignment then, since you’ve got all week to work on it?”. The answer is no because the questions are actually in an exam format and we have to answer them just like a normal exam, except that we get to take it home. It was similar to an open book exam, just that the duration of this exam was one whole week as opposed to the usual few hours.

So basically, for the whole week, we could discuss the questions legally, look up all our notes, research on the Internet and work on the exam.

The exam consisted of 4 questions with an average of 4 parts in each question. At a glance, it looked fairly simple and straightforward but after diving into it, the complication unfolded. In law, there doesn’t seem to be a straightforward answer. Everything can be argued from so many different angles and have very different conclusions. The question sheet was only 4 pages long but my answers had a grand total of 27 pages. If I had more time to work on this piece, it would have gone totally out of control and my mind would have overloaded big time.

By the end of it all, I could recite the cases and arguments, in and out. I read the cases so many times that it’s not even funny.

Anyway, I am glad that it is over now and I have learnt heaps from it. My lecturer said that we could have easily sat for this exam in the usual format where we studied like mad, sat for a paper that went for a few hours and forget all about it after that. Where as, this format helped us understand Entertainment Law for life.

2 Responses to “Taken Home”

  1. # Blogger soraya barakbah

    law tires me out, it really does. 6 law subjects is getting to be abit too much for me. heh  

  2. # Blogger Kevin Broken Scar

    I guess it does simply cos there ar ejust so many ways to look at a particular case? It's interesting, but I don't think I'd dare take up a full on law course. Definitely can't handle 6 subjects. Just keep at it. You'll be great!  

Post a Comment



Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Who Is Broken Scar:


    Loves Jesus. Singer. Guitarist. Songwriter. Audio Engineer. Producer. Wears band t-shirts. Wears red t-shirts. Based in Melbourne.



    Broken%20Scar
    Quantcast

    Broken%20Scar
    Quantcast




    XML
    Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com 




    © 2015 Writings In The Sand
    No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.