Words Of Wisdom

I always have a million and one things to say and worst of all I keep going round and round in circles taking such a long time to actually reach the point. But that’s the beauty of life isn’t it? It’s the journey that matters and not the destination.

Sometimes when we embark on a journey knowing the exact destination right ahead, we’d be disappointed when the direction changes and leads us to another destination instead. Yes, there may be a little disappointment at first, but it is when you look at it as a whole, as a big picture in a positive perspective, that you realise that there has been so much learnt through that journey and finally reaching this point.

Here’s an interesting story from JB while I was on the Xfresh Tour. It’s amazing how much we learn when we get out of our comfort zone and by that I mean performing in the comfort of the Klang Valley.

I met the guy who was in charge of all those mini bikes and we went into a conversation about those bikes but for some strange reason, the matter of age popped up. So I asked the guy how old he was and the conversation went like this.

He went, “how old do you think I am?

“30”, I guessed because he looked like that age.

“46”, he replied.

I was blown away, for a man his age with wife and kids to still be so active in this extreme sport.

Then he said, “Now this is your cue to ask me how I do it”. By that he meant, how he stayed looking young.

So I laughed and said what he asked me to say, “How?” and these were his words.

“Apa yang kamu sedang buat. Ketawa dan senyum selalu”

In English. “Exactly what you’re doing now. Always laugh and smile”

Those were one of the coolest words I’ve heard from anybody, with such simplicity. It’s amazing what we learn through the people we come across.

0 Responses to “Words Of Wisdom”

Post a Comment



Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Who Is Broken Scar:


    Loves Jesus. Singer. Guitarist. Songwriter. Audio Engineer. Producer. Wears band t-shirts. Wears red t-shirts. Based in Melbourne.



    Broken%20Scar
    Quantcast

    Broken%20Scar
    Quantcast




    XML
    Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com 




    © 2015 Writings In The Sand
    No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.