Sunday Thoughts

I’ve always done things my way. I’ve always sang the songs I wanted to sing. I’ve always listened to whatever I wanted to listen to.

To be honest, I was never a hundred percent totally independent. There will be occasional influences from my surroundings that whisper sweet words which I’ve fallen for but they were not lies though.

"Cool dudes don't listen to Mandy Moore and radio", they'd say.

I hate stereotyping. I love music. Period. Who ever said that someone who listens to The Used can’t listen to Mandy Moore or even Diana Krall?

3 Responses to “Sunday Thoughts”

  1. # Blogger hannna

    but Diana Krall is good shit! at least the only song i know is...  

  2. # Blogger iamamonkeysoareyou

    I agree, Mandy more is cute, but wont last long. Diana Krall, Katie Melua, Norah Jones, now thats commercial Jazz. Good jazz, listen to Four Play, Coltrain, Duke Ellington etc. Now That IS Class.

    I have to admit though, commercial pop is nice to listen to some tims...for light hearted easy going, radio listening, listen.  

  3. # Blogger Kevin Broken Scar

    Hey Hanna, Diana Krall is amazing. One of my favourites. There's also a whole lot of Nina Ferro too.

    Hey D, Duke Ellington and Four Play are excellent. I've heard them a long time back. What's the name of the bassist of Four Play? Nathan East?

    See what I mean, music is just music. It doesn't matter what genre it is, if it suits your ears, so be it.  

Post a Comment



Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Who Is Broken Scar:


    Loves Jesus. Singer. Guitarist. Songwriter. Audio Engineer. Producer. Wears band t-shirts. Wears red t-shirts. Based in Melbourne.



    Broken%20Scar
    Quantcast

    Broken%20Scar
    Quantcast




    XML
    Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com 




    © 2015 Writings In The Sand
    No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.