Warandyte Drive

The weather was awesome on Sunday. The sun came out to play yet the breeze was still cool. Driving aimlessly without the guidance of a GPS unit or map was refreshing. It was pure exploration.

Stopped for strawberries and ice cream. The strawberries were really fresh, but the ones from Sunny Ridge still blows me away.


The outdoor stall opens on weekends.


Further long the drive, we stopped by a cafe to have some coffee and apple pie. Neither the coffee nor apple pie was great, but it wasn't terrible either. The cafe though, is located across the road from the river so after the coffee, we decided to take a stroll along the river. This is what we spotted just out in the wild! Oh, it's an echidna in case you were wondering what it is.

I've been living in Australia for over four years now and I've been hearing stories of people stumbling upon all kinds of animals packs of kangaroos, wombats and various others in the open and I've always wondered why I haven't spotted any. I had been really keen to see echidnas so I ended up catching a glimpse of them at the zoo. But now, this happens! Woohoo!

Come to think of it, I've seen some pretty cool things during my time here. I've seen kangaroos or wallabies in the middle of the road in Canberra and Tuggeranong, echidnas crossing the road, and now an echidna up close and personal! Can you feel my excitement? I'm beginning to wonder if I'm a country boy that ended up in the city. I suppose I'm a nature boy!


It's times like these I wish I had a wicked camera!


Echidnas eat ants and termites but they're only distantly related to anteaters and although they resemble the porcupine, they are not related at all. It's amazing what wikipedia can tell you these days.

______________________________________________________
All Broken Scar's music is available on www.reverbnation.com/brokenscar

Labels: , ,

0 Responses to “Warandyte Drive”

Post a Comment



Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Who Is Broken Scar:


    Loves Jesus. Singer. Guitarist. Songwriter. Audio Engineer. Producer. Wears band t-shirts. Wears red t-shirts. Based in Melbourne.



    Broken%20Scar
    Quantcast

    Broken%20Scar
    Quantcast




    XML
    Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com 




    © 2015 Writings In The Sand
    No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.