Lick My Pick #6

Since I've hurt my arm over the weekend from too much mixing, I decided to go easy on my playing and do a small easy lick instead. I don't think this is very Paul Gilbert sounding and I think it's more John Mayer inspired. It's a little more bluesy and I use it a lot to connect licks. It's also pretty cool to cycle these notes and play each note in this lick in different patterns to get really cool sounds. Explore and have fun with it!



-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------12h14~p12------------------------------------------
----------9h11s13-----------------13s11~---------------------------------
--9h11---------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

h = hammer on
p = pull off
s = slide
~ = sustain

The video and the tab should explain it all. I played it on the neck pickup, just to give it that fat and warm tone to create a fluid and easy flowing sound.

______________________________________________________
All Broken Scar's music is available on www.reverbnation.com/brokenscar

Labels: , ,

1 Responses to “Lick My Pick #6”

  1. # Anonymous ell

    very interesting post,  

Post a Comment



Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Who Is Broken Scar:


    Loves Jesus. Singer. Guitarist. Songwriter. Audio Engineer. Producer. Wears band t-shirts. Wears red t-shirts. Based in Melbourne.



    Broken%20Scar
    Quantcast

    Broken%20Scar
    Quantcast




    XML
    Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com 




    © 2015 Writings In The Sand
    No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.