Studio Diary: Day Two. Acoustic & Electric Guitars

Recording Kevin's Acoustic & Electric Guitar Parts


Using Tim's Taylor


Using Jeremy's Fender Strat


Sel, recording, mixing & mastering engineer


Alda and Jeremy


Guitars used on Shooting Star and Until I Fall. From L-R: Rashdan's Epiphone SG, Tim's Taylor, Justin's Taylor & Jeremy's Fender Strat.

Recording guitars this time round was heaps of fun. I had a total of 8 guitars to choose from for recording. We had the above, which were eventually used on the recording and the other guitars which weren't used on the recording were my two Norman acoustics, my Ibanez RG and Ibanez AX. It's great to have a few guitars to choose from so we could get the best sound for each part instead of just sticking to one.

During this session, I tracked all the electric and acoustic guitars for both the songs.

Shooting Star
I used Tim's Taylor for all the rhythm parts. I did double tracks for the rhythm parts. I initially wanted to use Justin's Taylor for extra rhythm guitars but what was recorded was sounding great already that more acoustic guitars just weren't necessary. I used Justin's Taylor for the extra lines instead and both the guitars blended perfectly with each distinct tone. I also used Jeremy's Strat for the extra clean electric guitar overdubs.

Until I Fall
I used Jeremy's Strat all the way for all the clean rhythm parts. This would be one of the few Broken Scar song that doesn't feature any acoustic guitars. The only other song with no acoustic guitars is Little Red Forest from the debut album.

The Strat ran through a Fender Twin Reverb amp and Sel knew how to get the tone that I wanted and it was sounding awesome! The tone and feel was definitely spot on.

The rest of the electric guitar parts were left for another day, to be tracked with Rashdan's SG with some distortion pedals.

It was good times recording guitars. If only the vocal sessions were as easy as this one. Jeremy and Alda were also at the studio and the session was filled with lots of laughter and encouragement. It was the perfect environment. By the end of the session, I was even more excited with the results!

Kev Broken Scar
______________________________________________________
Broken Scar's album, Midnight In St. Kilda is available on www.mytracks.com/brokenscar

Labels:

0 Responses to “Studio Diary: Day Two. Acoustic & Electric Guitars”

Post a Comment



Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Who Is Broken Scar:


    Loves Jesus. Singer. Guitarist. Songwriter. Audio Engineer. Producer. Wears band t-shirts. Wears red t-shirts. Based in Melbourne.



    Broken%20Scar
    Quantcast

    Broken%20Scar
    Quantcast




    XML
    Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com 




    © 2015 Writings In The Sand
    No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.