Through The Glass

It’s that time of year again. The festive season is around the corner. The Aussies have nothing else left to celebrate and Christmas is the closest event to look forward to, so the Christmas decorations have been put up, the sale is on and there are parties all over the place. It all started a month ago.

I just came back from an early Christmas party myself. Although it was held in the middle of the week, it was one of the best house parties I’ve been to simply because of the lovely company. There was plenty of laughter as we stuffed our faces in the delicious food.

All this brought me to the time of reflection again. It felt as if it was just yesterday that I arrived in Melbourne. I didn’t know many people then and I didn’t know my way around. It’s been a year plus now and I too can be a Melbourne city guide. I’ve found a family here and made friendships that mean the world to me. I’ve also got to enjoy the road trips and the outings with my awesome family.

This year has been amazing. I’ve learnt how much life has to offer. God has poured out His blessings on me although there were many times that I didn’t even see or notice it. But now that I reflect upon the year that just went by, I realised how blessed and fortunate I’ve been. The fact that I’m in Melbourne itself is a miracle.

I’ve seen so many great gigs from all kinds of genres at so many different venues. I’ve got to work at top notch venues as a live engineer. I’ve got to work with great bands both in the studio and live, and I’ve learnt so much for all the different individuals I’ve met, from ARIA winning producers/audio engineers to the top publicist in Australia.

As the year approaches a closing, it doesn’t mean it’s going to slow down for me. If anything, it’ll only get more fast paced. I’m looking forward to the gigs lined up back in KL! There’s also a lot to do with the band. Photo shoots, rehearsals, recording and simply catching up. It’s gonna be awesome!
There are a million and one things I’ve set up to do as well in KL. Besides the gigs, I want to spend time with my family of course, all my friends or as they Aussies say, “mates”, go shopping heaps and load up on nasi lemak, teh tarik, char koay tiaw, rojak, chicken rice and the list goes on!
I just had the feeling that I needed to write this now, although this kinda post is more suitable for a December 31st-like post. I mean, who knows, I might not even get a chance to blog from home?
______________________________________________________
Broken Scar's album, Midnight In St. Kilda is available on www.mytracks.com/brokenscar

0 Responses to “Through The Glass”

Post a Comment



Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Who Is Broken Scar:


    Loves Jesus. Singer. Guitarist. Songwriter. Audio Engineer. Producer. Wears band t-shirts. Wears red t-shirts. Based in Melbourne.



    Broken%20Scar
    Quantcast

    Broken%20Scar
    Quantcast




    XML
    Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com 




    © 2015 Writings In The Sand
    No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.