I Want It All!

This is a constant struggle of late. When I am really busy, tied up with lots to do, I tell myself that I should take a break, relax and recharge before I re-enter the madness. But the moment I get into that "I shall do nothing" mode, I kick myself for doing nothing and wasting the day away where I could have done something productive.
The weekends are the best examples. When Monday comes, I'd either tell myself, "man, I should have just slept more, watch more DVDs or simply, do nothing more" or "man, why did I sleep the weekend away, I could have done this and that".
So, the conclusion is I want it all. I've probably said this a million times and I'm still struggling with it. I know clearly that I can't have it all, but it doesn't stop me from wanting it all.
The objective and wise way to curb this issue is balance. As an audio engineer and musician, I've always been taught that balance (and communication) is everything. Maybe all this while I've been hearing, but not listening. It's clearer than ever now that I see the balance in its abstract form. I understand the concept now. But I only apply this concept of balance in music and audio. It should be as easy as crossing the concept over to life in general but somehow, I still struggle. Hopefully, in a few years time, when I read this post, I could go, "it is that easy".
So here I am, still thinking whether I should watch a DVD and unwind, or do something more productive. What would you do if you were in my shoes?
______________________________________________________
Broken Scar's album, Midnight In St. Kilda is available on www.mytracks.com/brokenscar

0 Responses to “I Want It All!”

Post a Comment



Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Who Is Broken Scar:


    Loves Jesus. Singer. Guitarist. Songwriter. Audio Engineer. Producer. Wears band t-shirts. Wears red t-shirts. Based in Melbourne.



    Broken%20Scar
    Quantcast

    Broken%20Scar
    Quantcast




    XML
    Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com 




    © 2015 Writings In The Sand
    No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.