Staring At The Screen

Today was Chicken Parma Tuesday! There's this pub around the corner near SAE that serves a kick ass chicken parma.
So after a huge, satisfying meal, I spent the rest of the day staring at the screen, editing one of my new songs on Pro Tools. It was time consuming, but totally worth it. All the noise were properly cleaned up, all the waveforms tightened up and all the mistakes that were masked became obvious. This way, I could re-record all the bad takes now that the parts are identified. So, this means I'd have to go in for more recording sessions over the same song. This was for Until I Fall, by the way.
At the moment, there are just heaps of different guitars both acoustic and electric, a bunch of lead and backup vocals. There was some shaker in there, but it needs some work.
All the songs that I recorded was played to a click track which means I could add other instruments on top of the current tracks, later. If all goes well, drums, bass, piano and whatever instruments I can get my hands on.
I spent a grand total of 6.5 hours editing and working on this track alone and it wasn't even mixing yet. But the payoff is huge. Without much mixing and slight level adjustments only, the track is sounding good already.
After 6.5 hours, I came out almost half dead, not because of physical exhaustion but mental and listening fatigue. How frequencies affect a person would be a really good research topic. Some frequencies are just so harsh they make me wanna puke, literally. I've definitely have to work on those problem frequencies during the mixing stage.
These songs are my first crack at playing, recording, editing, mixing and producing my own tracks. I've been learning heaps! Looking forward to the end results.
______________________________________________________
Broken Scar's album, Midnight In St. Kilda is available on www.mytracks.com/brokenscar

0 Responses to “Staring At The Screen”

Post a Comment



Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Who Is Broken Scar:


    Loves Jesus. Singer. Guitarist. Songwriter. Audio Engineer. Producer. Wears band t-shirts. Wears red t-shirts. Based in Melbourne.



    Broken%20Scar
    Quantcast

    Broken%20Scar
    Quantcast




    XML
    Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com 




    © 2015 Writings In The Sand
    No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.