Blind Folds

I sometimes wonder why it takes so long to get a click factor, where everything just makes sense and you’d go, “ah, that’s it, I got it”. It’s like the blind folds have been lifted and you are suddenly able to see everything clearly for the first time. I tend to sway between wanting to think too much about it and not thinking about it at all. Again, it’s all about balance isn’t it? Just like mixing a band, it’s all about balance and making sure every instrument sits in its place while contributing to the grand scheme of things, the overall sound and tonality.

The more I think about it, the deeper it can get and the more I think about it, the more I don’t want to think about it because it can get too deep.

If you’re wondering what it is I’m thinking about, I’m thinking about thinking. No, I’m not going around in circles, being long-winded in my sentences or playing a riddle. This whole concept about thinking is driving me nuts.

I’m working on an assignment where I’m researching on cognition, meta-cognition and the whole idea of teaching and learning. I mean, it’s difficult and I’ve addressed that but I’m an audio engineer and musician. I want to learn more, it’s not that I don’t want to, but I have not much prior study into this field and it is driving me nuts but in the good way. Yes, it is confusing. I’m confused myself.

Anyway, recording has come to a pause again to give way to this assignment. More recording after this week.

______________________________________________________
Broken Scar's album, Midnight In St. Kilda is available on www.mytracks.com/brokenscar

0 Responses to “Blind Folds”

Post a Comment



Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Who Is Broken Scar:


    Loves Jesus. Singer. Guitarist. Songwriter. Audio Engineer. Producer. Wears band t-shirts. Wears red t-shirts. Based in Melbourne.



    Broken%20Scar
    Quantcast

    Broken%20Scar
    Quantcast




    XML
    Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com 




    © 2015 Writings In The Sand
    No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.