Happy Chinese New Year

Wishing all my Chinese friends a very happy and prosperous Chinese New Year!

Most people back home will be pretty excited and the whole Chinese New Year vibe is all around by now. I reckon there would be a long public holiday and most of you would be on leave, heading back to your hometowns and gathering with family and friends.

The Hokkien’s will normally gather for a Steamboat reunion dinner. I remember as if it was just yesterday that everyone would be hyped up for the reunion in my grandmother’s ancient house. We’d have dinner and the kids will be over excited right after to play with fireworks. We’d also watch those typical Chinese New Year kung fu movies. Ahh, the good old days.

It’s going to be quiet for me this year. Somehow, I don’t quite feel the vibe, mainly because I’m away from my family. Plus the vibe depends a lot of one’s surroundings as well. If I were home, the neighbours will be blasting those typical CNY songs and you’d get into the mood right away. I guess the only way to get that vibe is to go into Chinatown.

Anyway, once again, Happy Chinese New Year! Eat up and may you receive heaps of ang pows!

1 Responses to “Happy Chinese New Year”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Gong Xi Fa Chai! =D  

Post a Comment



Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Who Is Broken Scar:


    Loves Jesus. Singer. Guitarist. Songwriter. Audio Engineer. Producer. Wears band t-shirts. Wears red t-shirts. Based in Melbourne.



    Broken%20Scar
    Quantcast

    Broken%20Scar
    Quantcast




    XML
    Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com 




    © 2015 Writings In The Sand
    No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.