Recording: The Drones


This is my man Carl on Bagpipes!
Today was an awesome day for me as far as recording goes. I took on the role of just a recording engineer and not having to half moonlight as a singer songwriter/guitarist while I'm at it.
This is the first time that I've recorded the bagpipes and it was the first time in the history of SAE Melbourne for recording bagpipes. How cool is that? I'll go down in history!
The bagpipes were loud and I felt I was transported to another dimension, a place I've never been before. Well, probably if you've been to Scotland, that will be a different story all together.
Anyway, I had three mics going and for you recording people out there, here are the specs. I used an SE Electronics 5600 for room tone, an AKG C414 for the chanter and an SE Electronics pencil mic (the model slipped my mind) for the drones.
I should say, the results were pretty sweet sounding and all in all, we recorded four songs of solo bagpipes extravaganza!

3 Responses to “Recording: The Drones”

  1. # Blogger jmeei

    !!! Bagpipes so fun.

    Why don't you get a bagpipe player for your band hee hee  

  2. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Cool..!I wonder how the final result would be..SOunds interesting.. :D  

  3. # Blogger Kevin Broken Scar

    jiameei: not a bad idea at all.

    karl: I've mixed it already, but I'm gonna go to the studio to have another listen and tweak a bit more. will hopefully post a clip here soon. cheers!  

Post a Comment



Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Who Is Broken Scar:


    Loves Jesus. Singer. Guitarist. Songwriter. Audio Engineer. Producer. Wears band t-shirts. Wears red t-shirts. Based in Melbourne.



    Broken%20Scar
    Quantcast

    Broken%20Scar
    Quantcast




    XML
    Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com 




    © 2015 Writings In The Sand
    No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.