Demo Recording Day Three

Since today is the third day of the demo recording sessions, I’ve decided to take it easy a little bit and not push so hard for ideas. I decided to only touch up a bit on one of the songs I recorded yesterday and dedicate the rest of the time to work on another song from scratch.

The results? Since I dedicated more time into one song, I got a better guitar tone, more guitar lines and ideas, more vocal melody ideas, more vocal harmony ideas and wrote the lyrics for the remaining parts of the song I didn’t have lyrics too. Although the lyrics aren’t set in stone, the song sounds pretty decent and it is flowing in the direction I want it to.

The ideas for vocal harmonies kept coming and I put it all down on tape. Well, not “tape”, rather hard disk. I ended up experimenting with so many harmonies that I came up with sections that had 4-part harmonies. Again, this “4-part” is in no way the conventional written 4-part harmonies as I have no idea what that would really be like. I don’t read and write music you see. Let’s say I’m an illiterate in that area. So everything went by ear and by feel.

At the moment, all the songs just have working titles and I’d rather not mention it yet because they might not even be used.

If all goes well, I’ll be having another session tomorrow to record some killer bagpipes and South American instruments. Looking forward to that! Bagpipes babeh!

0 Responses to “Demo Recording Day Three”

Post a Comment



Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Who Is Broken Scar:


    Loves Jesus. Singer. Guitarist. Songwriter. Audio Engineer. Producer. Wears band t-shirts. Wears red t-shirts. Based in Melbourne.



    Broken%20Scar
    Quantcast

    Broken%20Scar
    Quantcast




    XML
    Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com 




    © 2015 Writings In The Sand
    No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.