Today was just one of those days where I had free time on my hands and I didn’t feel like doing work. I wanted to hang out and go out but there was a problem. I didn’t have a plan. Worst of all, today was one of those days that I didn’t feel like planning. To sum it all up, I was pretty disoriented, directionless and aimless, wanting to do something but on the other hand not knowing what that “something” was.

So what did I do to remedy this problem? I went with the flow and did whatever my heart told me to do. I hopped on the tram and headed to Brunswick Street, Fitzroy. I missed my intended tram stop in Fitzroy but what the heck, I had all the time in the world anyway. I ended up at a guitar store called Manny’s Music and browsed their display of awesome guitars.

After leaving the store, I set eyes on a nice and quiet park and my heart wanted to go there, sit down and just relax but then again, I’ve been relaxing too much anyway. I wanted go out and do things. So I hopped on another tram and headed back to my original intended stop, at Gallin’s Guitars. They have the coolest collection of Gibson and Epiphone guitars. There was a particular Orange amp that I was interested in but they didn’t have it in stock. I would have bought it impulsively if they had it.

I thought that after these two stops, I would get a better idea of what I’d like to do for the rest of the day but no, I was still aimless. So I walked down Brunswick Street just browsing the shops. Before I knew it, I had walked the whole street already and there was nothing else to see but to head back to the city.

So I got back to the city, went to JB HiFi, a few more CD shops, Federation Square and realised it was about time for dinner. I manage to call up Benny at the perfect time and caught up for a chat and eventually dinner.

Right about dinnertime at Don Don, a cozy Japanese joint, the sense of purpose finally came to me. Head to East Brunswick Club and catch a gig there. I went there with Zach and it was worth paying the 15 bucks cover. The three bands were really tight and the sound was awesome. I was exhausted after the gig and decided to head home.

I had a good chat after that with some friends too which was a perfect ending to an aimless start of the day and made it all good.

Oh, here are some pictures from the gig and links to the bands. These days I don't bother so much in trying to snap pictures from up front. I'd enjoy the gig throughly instead.


Fifty Sixx
http://www.myspace.com/fiftysixx


Angela's Dish
http://www.myspace.com/angelasdish


Something With Numbers
http://www.myspace.com/somethingwithnumbers

0 Responses to “”

Post a Comment



Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Who Is Broken Scar:


    Loves Jesus. Singer. Guitarist. Songwriter. Audio Engineer. Producer. Wears band t-shirts. Wears red t-shirts. Based in Melbourne.



    Broken%20Scar
    Quantcast

    Broken%20Scar
    Quantcast




    XML
    Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com 




    © 2015 Writings In The Sand
    No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.