Troubadours 17th July

Here are some pictures from the Troubadours last night. Thanks to Tania for taking the pictures.


From Left To Right: Zalila Lee, Broken Scar, Alda, Shelley Leong


Broken Scar On "Hey You"

I love La Bodega. There's just this vibe that is cozy and warm. The sound was fantastic and the company was great.

It felt like a house gathering for musicians, friends and music lovers.


I just want to thank Shelley, Alda and Zal for playing with me. Having other musicians chipping in on various instruments really enhances a song and takes it to another level.

The arrangement of the performance was unique. Three open mic performers performs two songs each before the main acts. Then the main acts will play one set each. During the break, more open mic performers take on the stage. The second round from the main acts resumed after that. Lastly, it was open mic again.

All in all, I performed three songs, Scratch and Hey You during the first open mic round and Clocks which was a new song I've been working on with the band, during the final open mic round. I've never performed the Clocks before and it was the very first time here at the Troubadours. I was tuning the guitar to accommodate the alternate tuning for this song before I went up and I broke the third string. I tried to play it with five strings anyway and it worked.

This is definitely one of the most memorable gigs to date, thanks to the amazing audience, friends and the entire singer-songwriter family.

2 Responses to “Troubadours 17th July”

  1. # Blogger hesitant

    Clocks got a real special debut eh?

    Useless observation: The Troubadours backdrop looks like a "Smile" sticker I once got from a Hare Krishna dude on the street.  

  2. # Blogger Kevin Broken Scar

    Clocks got a special debut alright, with a tiny little achievement for me, playing with five strings instead of six. Hee.

    Now that you mentioned the Hare Krishna sticker, I wonder whether it really is the same logo?  

Post a Comment



Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Who Is Broken Scar:


    Loves Jesus. Singer. Guitarist. Songwriter. Audio Engineer. Producer. Wears band t-shirts. Wears red t-shirts. Based in Melbourne.



    Broken%20Scar
    Quantcast

    Broken%20Scar
    Quantcast




    XML
    Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com 




    © 2015 Writings In The Sand
    No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.