Random Burst

Current Album Playing On Winamp: Matchbook Romance – Stories And Alibis

It’s funny how things turn out to be. About thirteen to fifteen years ago, I thought that rock music was for people who can’t sing and all they could do to mask that is to scream and shout, play their instruments as loud as they can to hide their mistakes and basically just make noise. Who would have thought that I’d end up a rocker?

I love music. However, I don’t know whether I’d be entitled to be labelled a music enthusiast as I really don’t know my “stuff” enough. I listen to everything from one extreme to the other, from jazz to metal. I don’t know what it is that attracts me to a song but somehow if I were to have a tune lingering in my head and I’d have to listen to song after song, album after album, band after band, I’d spend my entire life to do so as my list of songs and bands never seem to end! That’s how much I listen to. Not only that, I don’t limit myself to genre and style. The stuff I listen to are simply too diverse. But then again, I don’t really “know” my music as I listen to too many types. I’m like a jack of all trades and master of none. I don’t know my emo bands well but I listen to a whole load of it, I don’t know jazz at all but I love it and I don’t know the radio stuff as I don’t listen to radio.

I listen to a whole lot of mainstream as well.

At the end of the day, I couldn’t be bothered about labels. I just love music.

I can’t talk to someone about a particular genre, I don’t always know the band member’s profiles and names.

Current Top Five:
1. Matchbook Romance
2. A Thorn For Every Heart
3. My Chemical Romance
4. Funeral For A Friend
5. The Used

3 Responses to “Random Burst”

  1. # Blogger hesitant

    Myself, on the contrary...  

  2. # Anonymous Anonymous

    and i started on a heavy dose of nirvana..  

  3. # Blogger Kevin Broken Scar

    Ahh, Nirvana, who could forget them? Greenday too!  

Post a Comment



Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Who Is Broken Scar:


    Loves Jesus. Singer. Guitarist. Songwriter. Audio Engineer. Producer. Wears band t-shirts. Wears red t-shirts. Based in Melbourne.



    Broken%20Scar
    Quantcast

    Broken%20Scar
    Quantcast




    XML
    Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com 




    © 2015 Writings In The Sand
    No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.