A Look Back

The Songwriters Avenue, organized by Shelley Leong last Saturday was one of my most memorable gigs.

The gig was unlike any other that I've played at. The normal deal would showcase each performer playing complete sets of their songs for approximately thirty minutes to an hour.

However, Songwriters Avenue was rather different. There were three main performers on stage at the very beginning of the show, each taking turns to play one song for five rounds in total with a fifteen minute break in between.

We also had a "free jam" during the last song for our set. The song was never rehearsed before until that day, hence a "free jam".

Both Khai and Zalila delivered excellent performances. Khai's guitar solo blew the crowd away.

Then, there was open mike. Shelley started off the open mike session followed by many fantastic performers belting out songs from various genres.

The crowd was amazing and the venue had a very cozy feel to it. The sound was great too, thanks to the talented Jon.

All in all, it was a fantastic night. I had fun and enjoyed myself performing for such a wonderful audience.

I'd just like to thank all those who made it to the show.

3 Responses to “A Look Back”

  1. # Blogger Disco Ball Pixie

    I'm sorry I didn't make it for your show. But glad you have fun =)  

  2. # Blogger Kevin Broken Scar

    No worries. There'll be more to come, I hope.

    I had plenty of fun. Can't really describe the gig, but I really enjoyed myself.  

  3. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Good going with the gig man! Take care and God bless.

    David  

Post a Comment



Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Who Is Broken Scar:


    Loves Jesus. Singer. Guitarist. Songwriter. Audio Engineer. Producer. Wears band t-shirts. Wears red t-shirts. Based in Melbourne.



    Broken%20Scar
    Quantcast

    Broken%20Scar
    Quantcast




    XML
    Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com 




    © 2015 Writings In The Sand
    No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.