The Imperial Flagship: Part One

There's always a story within every adventure and this time it was Myer's Boxing Day sale! It was my first time getting into the Boxing Day sale rush in Melbourne and it was a frenzy.

Being Lego crazy lately, I naturally wandered into the toys department and ended up in the Lego section. There was one last Kingdoms set that caught my attention so I hid it behind a larger box so that I could pick it up later. I should have just held on to it because when I went back for it, it was gone! However, there were close to ten sets of the Imperial Flagship, which I also loved but thought was way too expensive. There was a 30% discount for all toys and to my knowledge nobody offers a 30% discount on Lego. The most would be 10-15%. So this was the right time to make the purchase. I looked at the sign and it said that the discount was valid until 28th Dec, so I left to think about it a bit. If I wanted it, I could always come back for it the next day.

After jumping online to check it out some more when I got home and thinking about it a bit more, I decided to go back the next day to get it. I mean, this is one of the biggest ships Lego's ever made. 1664 pieces all up. Now's the time to get it.

To my horror, the 30% discount was no longer valid when I got to the counter to pay for it! Apparently there was a misprint on the signs. I thought that it wasn't my fault that they misprinted so I ended up asking the cashier whether he could honour the discount because if I had known that the discount was only valid for a day, I would have gotten the ship the day before. Guess what, without much hesitation, he said he could do it! Woohooo! So much drama for a toy.

So here it is, my Imperial Flagship!

Straight out of the box, all 1664 pieces.








It took me a few days to put it all together. I took my own sweet time, savoring every moment of it. Talk about reliving my childhood!
______________________________________________________
All Broken Scar's music is available on www.reverbnation.com/brokenscar

Labels: ,

0 Responses to “The Imperial Flagship: Part One”

Post a Comment



Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Who Is Broken Scar:


    Loves Jesus. Singer. Guitarist. Songwriter. Audio Engineer. Producer. Wears band t-shirts. Wears red t-shirts. Based in Melbourne.



    Broken%20Scar
    Quantcast

    Broken%20Scar
    Quantcast




    XML
    Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com 




    © 2015 Writings In The Sand
    No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.