Resolutions?

It is amazing how last night was just about 14 degrees and all of a sudden it rises to a high 38 degrees today. It was an extremely hot summer day today and I decided to go for a walk in the park. Not the best time to go for a walk, I reckon, but I went anyway after contemplating for a while. Once I got out, despite the heat, it was refreshing to break a sweat. Then I decided to jog around the park and after one round, I retired for the day. There is less moisture in the air compared to back home in KL but the air is definitely cleaner and fresher here although the park was located smack in the middle of the city.

Here we are, two weeks into the New Year and instead of feeling a great charge, I feel more like a mellowing down from 2006. I haven’t even had the chance to write a 2006 closing blog yet. So here’s an attempt to do so.

To sum it all up, 2006 was a great year for music and gigs. On my end, I played the most memorable shows thus far. It was tiring but definitely worth every single bit of it. It was so eventful and fast pace that I have a hard time remembering everything that had happened. I thank my bandmates and my close friends for all the support for all that I’ve gone through. It’s been a great year for learning and forging relationships. Towards the end of 2006, there were definitely a lot of changes, almost too much for me to handle and I’m still trying to get a grip on it. Before I knew it, 2007 kicked in and here we are.

I haven’t even had the time to sit down and to make resolutions for the New Year. I haven’t made resolutions for years, mainly because when I was a kid, I told myself, “why make resolutions you can’t keep?” Most people make resolutions they can’t keep, resolutions that are too way out of reach. So instead of making resolutions that are more realistic, I decided not to make any at all, which was silly, really. So I decided to look at it from a different angle in the past few years. I made general resolutions in the beginning of the year and as the year goes by, I make smaller, achievable goals. I realized, that when you set your mind to do something, you keep reminding yourself and pushing yourself as hard as you can, your dreams and aspirations will definitely be achieved. Put your heart to it and those dreams are as good as yours. 2006 was a great year and I can truly say that I’ve kept to resolutions and achieved my goals.

So with 2007 in mind, I shall put health first. Get enough rest and exercise. Other than that new revelation, the story remains the same. I will continue writing as much as I can and push myself as hard as I can to elevate my songwriting to another level with all the lessons I’ve learnt through the past year. I look forward to new material for the follow up to Midnight In St Kilda. I am excited!

0 Responses to “Resolutions?”

Post a Comment



Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Who Is Broken Scar:


    Loves Jesus. Singer. Guitarist. Songwriter. Audio Engineer. Producer. Wears band t-shirts. Wears red t-shirts. Based in Melbourne.



    Broken%20Scar
    Quantcast

    Broken%20Scar
    Quantcast




    XML
    Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com 




    © 2015 Writings In The Sand
    No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.