Part Of The Plan

I’ve been told that I haven’t been blogging much lately, so here’s an attempt to make comeback. For starters, going back to the studying world requires a fair bit of adjustment. Since the transition from school to work was quite an experience, I thought this transition from work back to school would somewhat be easier than the first but it somehow caught me by surprise. No, it is not negative nor is it difficult, it is just different. Adapting to changes is one of those things we happen to have to do a lot in this life-long journey and I shall take it on face first.

Here’s what I thought, at first.

Work = Hard work. You will have to slave at the office or ‘work field’ during working hours and the hours are long but once you exit the door, work is left at the office. Yes, there were heaps of times I worked weekends but once the ‘job’ was over, it was over.

School = No big deal. Party! Hang out! The worst than can happen is you fail a subject or the entire course, which won’t hurt much. Well, maybe you’ll make a big dent in your own bank account because the course fees would have been wasted, but hey, you will never get FIRED! The hours are not as long as classes are short and they only go for three days a week.

…and here’s what really happens.

Work = Hard work. Awesome SALARY. Long hours, but once the job is over, it’s over.

School = Hard Work. NO salary but the cash flow is outwards, towards the school. The ‘jobs’ never end! They keep going, for the entire duration of the course. Research in on-going until the due date where you hand the hard copy up, make a huge presentation and hopefully after that, graduate with a piece of paper called a Degree.

Okay, I know I’m long-winded. So to get to the point, I’ve been drowned in assignments for weeks. Putting in heaps of hard work, effort, blood sweat and tears into them and I have just finished them and gotten them nicely bound and looking good. So for now, let’s keep our fingers crossed and hope that the hard work will pay off with good results. At times like these, I wouldn’t want to be too optimistic, just in case the worst happens.

Besides going back to school, I’ve got to make adjustments to living on my own as well. This means doing the chores. We all love chores, don’t we? Washing dishes, washing piles of clothes and sheets, cooking, sweeping, cleaning and more cleaning. That’s all part of the plan now. So I’ve been keeping busy. I’m not complaining, I actually love doing these chores.

However, there’s a downside to doing these chores as well. By the time I finish up the assignments and chores, I’d either be too tired or I would have ran out of time to play my guitar and write songs. I’ve been slacking a little bit in the song-writing department. So hey, give me a push and a nudge. Inspire me!

Oh, in between all these things, I was away last weekend, a whole story on its own, went to gigs and ate yummy food, but before I bore you lovely people who read my blog to death, I shall put a temporary full stop to this post for now.

0 Responses to “Part Of The Plan”

Post a Comment



Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Who Is Broken Scar:


    Loves Jesus. Singer. Guitarist. Songwriter. Audio Engineer. Producer. Wears band t-shirts. Wears red t-shirts. Based in Melbourne.



    Broken%20Scar
    Quantcast

    Broken%20Scar
    Quantcast




    XML
    Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com 




    © 2015 Writings In The Sand
    No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.