Paused Routine

It’s funny how all it takes is to fall sick to finally find a little free time that result to sweet alone time.

Feeling sick isn’t the best feeling in the world, but I guess it is nature’s way of telling me to slow down and take it a little easy. I need not worry about expectations and best of all, work was totally out of my mind. Well, at least for yesterday and today it is. Come tomorrow, it starts all over again.

I have been experiencing a song writing dry spell for some time now and I finally got the momentum going again. Thanks to this slow down in daily routine, I’ve found inspiration and time to be creative.

I’m currently reading Paulo Coelho’s Veronika Decides To Die. The funny thing was I brought that book to the doctor’s to kill time. You know how it is, the long wait. So I may as well read. I can’t really describe why it feels funny because if I do, I may spoil the book for those who intend to read it. Read and you’ll find out.

After months of feeling detached from the things I enjoy doing, today I feel connected to my surroundings, things and myself.

2 Responses to “Paused Routine”

  1. # Blogger Kevin Broken Scar

    After posting this, I realised that my thoughts were all over the place.

    Oh well, I guess that's what powerful medication from the good Doctor does.  

  2. # Blogger hesitant

    Shh!  

Post a Comment



Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Who Is Broken Scar:


    Loves Jesus. Singer. Guitarist. Songwriter. Audio Engineer. Producer. Wears band t-shirts. Wears red t-shirts. Based in Melbourne.



    Broken%20Scar
    Quantcast

    Broken%20Scar
    Quantcast




    XML
    Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com 




    © 2015 Writings In The Sand
    No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.