What's Going On?

Ever since school days, I’ve always found it hard to wake up early in the morning to catch the school bus and stay awake during the day at classes. Then I’d come home after school, take a nap and pretty much forget the events of the morning that just passed. Head out for tuition later and pretty much struggle my way through that as well. I’d then come home tired and pretty much retire for the night way earlier than anyone of my peers do. I seem to need more sleep than others. What was wrong with me?

I don’t really know what it is, but lately I have to try harder to sleep at night and try even harder to stay awake in the day. I could make up for lost sleep at night, in the day before this, but now I just can’t seem to get any sleep at all. My body’s tired, my eyes are tired, but my mind just won’t give it a rest. What is wrong with me?

How come some people could ace through the day with such flaming energy despite getting only 4 hours of sleep? I have make sure I rest and sleep well for important events. If not I’d either screw things up or say the wrong things. How come I need so much sleep to be fully alert?

7 Responses to “What's Going On?”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    I think that's got to do with what you eat. If you eat more protein, or less carbs than the regular person, you're bound to have low energy levels throughout the day.

    Or maybe you're just like me, with a screwed up biological clock, haha.  

  2. # Blogger su-ann

    haha.. funny enough i just posted something about needing 4-5hrs sleep these days as opposed to the mere 2-4 i used to survive on when i was in school/uni.

    i think it also depends if u take little naps etc. which definately affect what time u get to bed later on... and also how active ur mind is.. excessive thinking etc.

    then again these are just mere ramblings of a chronic insomniac ;p  

  3. # Blogger soraya barakbah

    maybe you're just too.. HYPER. ehhehe. just a suggestion  

  4. # Blogger Kevin Broken Scar

    silencers, I think it's the latter. Doubt I'm lacking in carbs. It's already excessive and it shows. haha. I'll stick to the latter. haha.

    su-ann, I normally need 12 hours sleep to be comfortable! But that means I'd be sleeping my days away. Worst of all, I'd be sleeping half my life away! I can hardly even survive with 6. How do you do 2-4? insane! It's prolly excessive thinking too, worrying for no reason at all.

    Or I could be just hyper, like Soraya said.

    I mean, I cant sleep when I can sleep, and I feel sleepy when I cant sleep. Which means i dont get any sleep at all throughout the day. Therefore I zombie thru my days. Even now as I type this, I'm blur one kind. haha  

  5. # Blogger hesitant

    I reckon age is catching up with you :)  

  6. # Blogger Kevin Broken Scar

    Maybe..hehe  

  7. # Blogger Effa

    I read somewhere that its not the quantity but the quality of sleep that counts. If you pass out on your bed with a million and one things on your mind, chances are your gonna be quite restless. Once you close your eyes, you need to relax and clear your mind of everything. It's not an overnight remedy but it really does work. Although it hasn't worked on me just yet. kekekek. :) I'll send u the link with more info once i find it k.  

Post a Comment



Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Who Is Broken Scar:


    Loves Jesus. Singer. Guitarist. Songwriter. Audio Engineer. Producer. Wears band t-shirts. Wears red t-shirts. Based in Melbourne.



    Broken%20Scar
    Quantcast

    Broken%20Scar
    Quantcast




    XML
    Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com 




    © 2015 Writings In The Sand
    No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.