Shows, Shows, Shows

Saturday, 8 July 2006
Unboxed @ Taylors College

Soundcheck


I guess this is what people at the back of the stage will see.

Unboxed was a very pleasant show to play at. Met heaps of nice people there and the crowd was very appreciative. I love playing at colleges!

Here's a shoutout to everyone who came to the show at Taylors!


Thursday, 13 July 2006
Moonshine @ LAundry Bar & Xfresh FM MYSO Jam Fest @ Cineleisure

Soundcheck. I somehow think that black and white pictures scream more color than actual colored ones.


Laundry Bar in the day. Bars and clubs look totally different in the day compared to its usual night look and feel. I don't know why but somehow everything about Laundry rocks. Everything from soundcheck to the dinner they serve us to the actual show to the post show and hanging out just makes it an awesome experience. Very comfy!



Alex in soundcheck mode


Alda in soundcheck mode


Yours truly in soundcheck mode

Soundcheck at Laundry Bar is always fun. I said this before and I'll say it again. This is what a proper soundcheck should be. Set up the stage and equipment to our liking, run through almost all the songs in the set list to get a feel of the monitors, sound system and the room. It was good to compare the louder songs and the slower numbers. Thanks to Leonard the sound engineer for providing us great soundchecks and great sound.



Xfresh FM MYSO Jam Fest. Performed on the Xfresh bus again. Had heaps of fun.

After soundcheck at Laundry, I ran over to Cineleisure and did a quick soundcheck on roof of the Xfresh Xplorer, the Xfresh bus. Soon after soundcheck it was time to perform. It was great to play on top of the bus, but it did seem a little impersonal, less intimate. There were a few people who made my day, someone was singing along to every word of Scratch and met two sisters who loved what I do.

After Cineleisure, it was time to rock out at Moonshine!

Do we look like we're having the time of our lives or what?








"We have a special guest that flew all the way in from Boston! Shelley Leong!", Alda and I announced!

I have to say, I had the most fun ever at this gig thanks to my wonderful bandmates, Alda, Alex and Shelley, Mr. organizer himself, Reza Salleh, the amazing audience and all my friends who came out for the show. This was the first time I felt absolutely comfortable and let loose completely, not thinking too much. It was pretty much just rockin out and having a good time!


Our friends, Two Sides To A Story played the first open mic slot. And as always, I stayed till the end of the show catching all the open mikers and hanging out with friends.

3 Responses to “Shows, Shows, Shows”

  1. # Blogger albert

    Wah, you've been playing with the My Colors function eh. ;) Looks like Laundry in the daytime!  

  2. # Blogger Kevin Broken Scar

    Here you go Albert. The disappearing post had resurfaced! I don't know why but the My Colors function in the Nikon is not as appealing as the Ixus. Hehe. I've always prefered b&w or sepia but somehow color seemed to appeal for a while back there. haha.  

  3. # Blogger hesitant

    Very nice pictures! Looked like you had lots and lots of fun. Good on you!  

Post a Comment



Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Who Is Broken Scar:


    Loves Jesus. Singer. Guitarist. Songwriter. Audio Engineer. Producer. Wears band t-shirts. Wears red t-shirts. Based in Melbourne.



    Broken%20Scar
    Quantcast

    Broken%20Scar
    Quantcast




    XML
    Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com 




    © 2015 Writings In The Sand
    No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.