See You Later, AMP

Yesterday was my last day at work. My day job that is. What do I do? Well, I never really mentioned it on my blog but I guess now is a good time to do so.

From January 2004 up until yesterday, I was a Live Events Engineer with AMP Radio Networks. AMP is the radio division, ASTRO’s sister company. So basically I worked across all our radio stations, Mix FM, Hitzdotfm, ERA FM, THR FM, Xfresh FM, MY FM Sinar FM and Light N Easy.

So walking out from the building yesterday, stripped of all my access to the facility, I felt the reality of it all kick in. I couldn’t help but to stand in the car park, look around and breathe the air to conceive this whole reality. Yes, I was sad to leave.

My bosses were great, my colleagues were great, the environment was great, the job was great. What more could you ask for in a job? I loved every bit of it.

How not to be emo? Yesterday was one of the hardest days I had to go through. Top it up with flu and cough and a show to play later that night. Intense!

My heart is still heavy, trying to contain this change. But like they always say, life goes on and I have to just move on now.

2 Responses to “See You Later, AMP”

  1. # Blogger sharanya

    Kev, I've tagged you for a little something that hopefully brings a smile back to your face. Check my blog for details. Hope it's infectious! :)  

  2. # Anonymous Anonymous

    dear kev
    may the road rise to meet you
    may the wind be always at your back
    the sun shine warm upon your face
    the rain fall soft against your fields
    till we meet again...

    keep smiling dude! be well, have a beautiful time with your family + friends, spread the love + see you on the other side (i hope!).
    it's bloody freezing here!
    :) miin  

Post a Comment



Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Who Is Broken Scar:


    Loves Jesus. Singer. Guitarist. Songwriter. Audio Engineer. Producer. Wears band t-shirts. Wears red t-shirts. Based in Melbourne.



    Broken%20Scar
    Quantcast

    Broken%20Scar
    Quantcast




    XML
    Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com 




    © 2015 Writings In The Sand
    No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.