Turn Back The Pages

Most people would have left work by 530 pm sharp on Fridays, but for some strange reason I always stay late at the office on Fridays. If I had it my way, I’d rather have my breaks on Mondays and Tuesdays, work late on Fridays, and work through full Saturdays and Sundays. I don’t know, maybe it’s because I work almost seven days a week anyway, it doesn’t make a difference to me anymore. I hardly get to see my friends anymore and I’m beating myself up for it. Or maybe it’s just better to work when no one is around where it’s quiet and I could actually concentrate and think? I’m guessing it’s the latter.

Moving on.

So I went to Acoustica, an acoustic gig organized by Livehouse Project at Jam Asia last night. The gig featured a line up of bands that are normally heavier, Estranged, Y2K, Stonebay and Deserters. Gigs are always a good time to catch up with my musician friends. We’re a small scene, we’re all friends.

But some old friends popped up this time around and catching up kinda brought me back in time. There are so many wrongs in my past that I wish to make right, but we all know every well that it is impossible. But with Christ, I’m determined that all is well.

High school life wasn’t an easy phase. I guess everyone goes through that process of discovering your interests, your direction in life and pretty much defining yourself as an individual. It seemed like my process was a breeze in the eyes of others but that was merely just the façade. What most of these people thought in their heads were contrasting from what actually went on. If only they could see what actually went on inside my head.

A lot of sincere efforts and intentions were mistaken and misunderstood to the point that there was conflict beyond saving. It’s true though, we were once young and not so smart. Like I always say, all things happen for a reason. The reason I’ve come to realise is that I could look back and learn from it.

Just like a blog, I turned back the pages of a journal that I kept since high school and realise that a lot of details were left out. It’s either I got lazy writing or it was left out deliberately. So I decided to close those chapters and write new ones.

0 Responses to “Turn Back The Pages”

Post a Comment



Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Who Is Broken Scar:


    Loves Jesus. Singer. Guitarist. Songwriter. Audio Engineer. Producer. Wears band t-shirts. Wears red t-shirts. Based in Melbourne.



    Broken%20Scar
    Quantcast

    Broken%20Scar
    Quantcast




    XML
    Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com 




    © 2015 Writings In The Sand
    No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.