Story Of A Disappointing Year

Disappointing.Yes, that is right. This year has been disappointing so far. Sure, there are always ups and downs, but it this year didn't really have a great start. The optimist in me says that though things are low at the start, it can only improve and get better. But the pessimist in me says that it simply just horrible.

Story Of The Year will be playing in Australia in May, and Taste Of Chaos is going on the the US now. SOTY are heading out to UK, Australia and Japan. It's probably in conjunction with the release of their new album and the tour is very likely to promote it. Unlike most boybands who have to come to Asia to make it big before heading home to be worshipped like fake plastic gods, SOTY are already huge without coming to Asia, with the exception of Japan. RESPECT! Thought there is a setback for people like me. If I'm not in any of the above mentioned countries where SOTY will be touring in, it's very unlikely I'd get to see them play live. I told a friend just the other day, that the best present I could ask for my birthday this year is to see SOTY play.

I check Aussie sites for gigs every now and then, and guess who's also playing in May. As I Lay Dying and Bleeding Through. This just makes the pessimist in me just want to put a bullet through my head.

Yes, I whine a lot. So what?

The past few months have been disappointing. We've encountered some problems with mastering and the release of my debut album will be delayed. I feel bad because it's as if I've let my musicians and the people involved in this project down. It's not my fault at all that there are problems with the master, but I can't help but to feel I'm letting people down.

It's difficult doing it all by yourself. Not knowing much and trying your best. But there's also a plus, now I know the ins and outs of making an album from start till the end.

0 Responses to “Story Of A Disappointing Year”

Post a Comment



Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Who Is Broken Scar:


    Loves Jesus. Singer. Guitarist. Songwriter. Audio Engineer. Producer. Wears band t-shirts. Wears red t-shirts. Based in Melbourne.



    Broken%20Scar
    Quantcast

    Broken%20Scar
    Quantcast




    XML
    Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com 




    © 2015 Writings In The Sand
    No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.