Diamonds In The Sky

It’s strange how things work sometimes. You’d imagine that the sky would be gloomy and nimbus clouds would fill the air, blinding our vision of the stars when there are traces of lightning hinting that a shower or a storm was approaching. But no sir, the sky is as clear as ever.

As I recall, one of those nights during the Chinese New Year week, we were all amused with the array of flashing lights coming from various fireworks that came in every form, shape, colour and variety just blazing in the sky. The smoke from these fireworks choked up the sky which reminded me of the time that the haze hit us really bad. Then, like a miracle, there was the rain. The smoke began to give way, washed away by the rain and the sky began to refresh.

So there we were, on the front porch, looking up at the sky admiring the diamonds aligned above. What a beautiful sight. It wasn’t often that we get such clear skies here. January and February would probably be the hottest period of the year but the weirdest thing is that it still rained as if we’re in the monsoon season.

So tonight was one of those nights. I was unpacking my car, unloading the gear from jamming. Something just prompted me to look up in the sky. Somehow, that’s something I find very soothing especially after a long tiring day. It’s the most rewarding when you look up, and lo and behold, a sea of stars dancing up there, shimmering and glimmering. I just can’t help but think that God is simply awesome, creating all this beauty. The luminosity is just simply unfathomable. There’s just such mystery. Simply awesome!

What more can I say? The jam sessions were great, and the sky seemed to agree. Alex and Alda are both amazing musicians and I’m thankful to have them play for Broken Scar.

18th Feb, JamAsia. See you at the show!!!


P/S: Yes, I'm a sucker for the little things in life that we often take for granted. The rain, the sky, the stars. Every now and then, I guess I have to step back, take a deep breath and appreciate all these things.

1 Responses to “Diamonds In The Sky”

  1. # Blogger hesitant

    Lovely post!

    I can feel, hear and see the stars twinkling already in my head, eventhough it's broad daylight over here.  

Post a Comment



Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Who Is Broken Scar:


    Loves Jesus. Singer. Guitarist. Songwriter. Audio Engineer. Producer. Wears band t-shirts. Wears red t-shirts. Based in Melbourne.



    Broken%20Scar
    Quantcast

    Broken%20Scar
    Quantcast




    XML
    Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com 




    © 2015 Writings In The Sand
    No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.