Awestruck


*Picture taken at Jam Asia. Don't be fooled by the position of the faders on the console. There was more than enough juice in the power-amp section already. Trust me, it was loud.

While sleeping like a hibernating bear due to the lack of sleep after the prom, a call came in. It was Alda. He asked if I could help be the sound engineer for the “Awestruck” gig organized by Peter Hassan because there was a last minute change of plans and the original engineer could not make it.

I was originally supposed to go to Kuala Selangor to pay my brother a visit during his camp. But one can never turn down Peter Hassan, or friends who are in need, in this case Alda too. So I jumped out of bed, got ready and sped off to Jam Asia.

I wanted to drop by to watch the gig anyway, but since I was so tired, I was reconsidering it. Due to this incident, I went down, did the sound and had a good time.

I made it in time for the soundcheck. Most of the gear was already set up so I did whatever that was left to do and began doing soundchecks. It was quite embarrassing at first because there was feedback all over the place. The system was new to me and I had to take some time to get used to it. I soon got used to it after messing around with the gain structure a little bit and playing around with microphone placements.

I tried my best and I hope everyone was happy with the sound as this would probably be the first time I’ve mixed for so many bands on such short notice. It was truly an amazing experience and all the bands were at top form.

Personally, I enjoyed Soft Touch the most and it was such a joy to watch the band have a blast on stage belting out their songs effortlessly and with such passion and feel. The band, Etcetera had a very good tone too. They were one of the loudest, but because of the way the songs were arranged, everything came out clearly.

Oh, playing with the lights was great fun too although my fingers were tired after that. All in all, I had a great time and the experience was priceless. I definitely want to do more of these.

0 Responses to “Awestruck”

Post a Comment



Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Who Is Broken Scar:


    Loves Jesus. Singer. Guitarist. Songwriter. Audio Engineer. Producer. Wears band t-shirts. Wears red t-shirts. Based in Melbourne.



    Broken%20Scar
    Quantcast

    Broken%20Scar
    Quantcast




    XML
    Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com 




    © 2015 Writings In The Sand
    No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.