Troubadours 8


Soundcheck



Jerome the red eyed cyclops



Rhapsody



Couple



Jay



Justin



Yours Truly



The ending of "Scratch"...The amazing audience put a smile on my face







The Sofa Sessions

After a long week, it was Sunday again and it was time for the Troubadours gig. As if I had it programmed into my system, I went down to La Bodega KL just like the Sunday before. According to the Troubadours blog, it was supposed to be a usual Troubadours session. But when I got there, I soon realized that it was a joint event between Troubadours and Doppelganger. The bands and singer-songwriters were there already when I arrived. I went ahead and did a soundcheck.

The crowd soon started to build up. It got so packed towards the start of the show, so packed that it was difficult to navigate my way to the washroom. This was a good sign. I was excited to play to new faces and a new crowd.

When it was finally my turn to get up on stage, I kicked off with “Scratch” and the crowd was simply amazing. I never really know what to play at the Troubadours because I left some room for flexibility. With a gut feeling, I played “Hey You” next and dedicated it to the amazing audience. For the last song, I concluded with “Down” and there was a huge smile on my face. Again the audience was simply breathtaking. During the bridge of the song, the audience sang along and we had a great time. There was this feeling of accomplishment because I managed to engage the crowd.

Here’s to everyone I met that night, both old and new friends. Thank you for an excellent gig to remember. Cheers to Sasha and Gerardine for the excellent sound. La Bodega has always been my favourite place in Klang Valley to play in.All the bands and singer-songwriters were all amazing. The Sofa Sessions was such a crowd puller. A choice of well known cover songs really got the audience singing along in unison.

Oh, I managed to sell two copies of the Panic In The Peninsula CD too.

Pictures are up as promised.

0 Responses to “Troubadours 8”

Post a Comment



Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Who Is Broken Scar:


    Loves Jesus. Singer. Guitarist. Songwriter. Audio Engineer. Producer. Wears band t-shirts. Wears red t-shirts. Based in Melbourne.



    Broken%20Scar
    Quantcast

    Broken%20Scar
    Quantcast




    XML
    Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com 




    © 2015 Writings In The Sand
    No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.