Recording: Day Seventeen - Recording Zack


Zack's effects rig


Kim & Zack



















Recording Zack is amazing! We went to the studio to do two tracks, “Down” and “Soul Reaper”. We started with “Down” and Zack whipped out some killer solos for it. Zack did a few takes of various solos and I would then choose the best one at the end. There were lightning speed ones, moderate speed ones and really cool jazzy lines. Then we worked on the rest of the song. It sounds more complete now with Zack on it.

Then we moved on to “Soul Reaper”. The solo was great and I loved it but when we got to the pre-chorus and chorus parts, we were stumped. We were dry on ideas. Then Kim gave suggested that we messed around with some effects and delays. With that, we were hyped up and nailed the lines.

There’s not much that I can type, but I can say that I had a great time and I got it all on video. Zack is an AMAZING guitarist!

1 Responses to “Recording: Day Seventeen - Recording Zack”

  1. # Blogger Benny boo doin' the doo

    Looked like a great recording session bro!! I miss that studio and KIM man!!! Please send my regards to Kim for me and tell him i'm doing very good here in aus if he asks! hehehe... Do let me know when your album is dropping bro! You definitely got my support! WOOT WOOT!  

Post a Comment



Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Who Is Broken Scar:


    Loves Jesus. Singer. Guitarist. Songwriter. Audio Engineer. Producer. Wears band t-shirts. Wears red t-shirts. Based in Melbourne.



    Broken%20Scar
    Quantcast

    Broken%20Scar
    Quantcast




    XML
    Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com 




    © 2015 Writings In The Sand
    No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.