2005 Has Left The Building

I think most would be writing about how 2005 treated them, sum things up and pretty much wrap up the year as it closes.

I would very likely post a summary of all the gigs I’ve played in 2005, just like I did last year. But since that’s not going to happen any time soon because the entire list is not in this current laptop, I’d write about something else.

2005 has been an amazing year. It offered all its ups and downs in various preparations, all served up at exactly the right time and the right place. It has been a crazy year juggling the day job, recording, gigs, jamming, family, loved ones, friends and "alone" time. It has definitely been busy and has kept me on my toes. Because of all this juggling, there has to be constant planning and that can also be quite a chore at times but it surely played a huge role in organizing everything, especially issues with the album.

This year has been an incredible one also thanks to the people around me. Spending this year with the Broken Scar band, Alda, Manshaan and the extended family of guest musicians, Zack, Paul and Imran has made it meaningful. Constant jamming and rehearsals for the recording, and the actual recording sessions has pushed me further as a musician, thanks to these guys! This is the “right” band with the “right” bandmates. It works very well for me and the rest. Not forgetting Shelley Leong who helped me out with a piano track for the album that is simply amazing, all the other great musicians that I have met and all the new friends made. Here's shoutout to the Troubaganger organizers, Jerome Kugan, Tan Sei Hon, Azmyl Yunor and Jasmine Low!

I’ve learnt one very important lesson from this year. Embrace everything that comes my way with a smile and everything will work themselves out. There is no room and time to complain and whine because all that wasted time could have been used to actually “do” something.

I’m looking ahead into 2006 and expecting a lot from it. It’s going to be a lot busier and it’s just sweet!

The album is now at the end of the mixing stages and each day is closing in on its release. I’m excited!

0 Responses to “2005 Has Left The Building”

Post a Comment



Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Who Is Broken Scar:


    Loves Jesus. Singer. Guitarist. Songwriter. Audio Engineer. Producer. Wears band t-shirts. Wears red t-shirts. Based in Melbourne.



    Broken%20Scar
    Quantcast

    Broken%20Scar
    Quantcast




    XML
    Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com 




    © 2015 Writings In The Sand
    No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.