Huge Thanks!

Thanks to everyone who rocked up at The Precinct and The Limelight's 1st Birthday shows a few Thursdays ago. It was heaps of fun stripping it down and re-arranging the old songs as well as unveiling a brand new one. You guys were amazing, singing along to our songs. You guys really made it happen for us. We even got an encore at The Precinct which was totally unplanned and it's the spontaneous things that keep things interesting. I think the best part of it all was hanging out after the shows. So, high fives all around!

We've got some exciting plans coming up but I think it will be a bit premature to announce them right now so you got to check this space for updates as they come.

On a more personal note, I've been scouting out specifically for valve guitar amps that I can afford and in the middle of it all, I developed a massive crush on Fender Mustangs! I haven't fallen in love with them like I did with Strats, but I'm afraid it's only a matter of time.

A second hand '65 Mustang reissue is abour AUD$1300 here but a new one in the states only retails less than USD$1000. Insane!

______________________________________________________
All Broken Scar's music is available on www.reverbnation.com/brokenscar

Labels: ,

3 Responses to “Huge Thanks!”

  1. # Blogger Jie Juan

    A Vox VT or AD VT 30 is the way to go! Pretty sweet, got one myself :)  

  2. # Blogger Kevin Broken Scar

    I'm quite fond of the AC30 but it wouldn't serve me as my main amp. It's a little too thin for me although it is a great sounding amp. Pairing it up with something else would be great.

    I'm really into Orange tubes but they're 100% over my budget. Am quite keen on the Fender Deville 2x12.  

  3. # Blogger Jie Juan

    Hahah, wish I could afford an orange. Somehow, their amps sound pretty 'natural'. Though I may not know what is a true 'natural' sounding amp. But it sounds pretty raw and smooth to my ears :)  

Post a Comment



Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Who Is Broken Scar:


    Loves Jesus. Singer. Guitarist. Songwriter. Audio Engineer. Producer. Wears band t-shirts. Wears red t-shirts. Based in Melbourne.



    Broken%20Scar
    Quantcast

    Broken%20Scar
    Quantcast




    XML
    Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com 




    © 2015 Writings In The Sand
    No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.