Fifteen Hours

Now that I’ve settled down a little bit, I’ve decided to write a little about the flight here. The apartment was beautiful, clean and tidy when I waked through the door but now it’s sorta in a mess because my bags are opened with things unpacked on the floor and all over the place pretty much. I’m just too tired to do all that unpacking all in a go, so we’ll leave that to a little later.

And oh, I made it to Melbourne in time to celebrate my anniversary with my fiancee.

So rewind, back to KL.

Packing took ages, deciding what to bring, what not to bring, what will I really need against what I just want for fun. I should say, it’s tough to pack your whole life (or room) all into two bags of only 30 kg. It’s just insane!

My family and I had an early dinner, nice home cooked Malaysian food and right after that, loaded the car with my stuff and headed to the airport. Everything ran pretty smoothly. I checked in the two bags and it weighed in about 38 kg and the lady didn’t even say a word! She just let me through just like that. Praise God for that. I was worried sick about the weight the whole time since packing. Sigh of relief.

We hung out a bit before I had to go to the gates. I said my goodbyes and walked on. The whole time, still being able to smile and hold it in. I miss everyone already.

I was a little reluctant to fly Thai Airways because I was so used to MAS. Thank God I took Thai. It was a million times better than MAS! Eat dirt MAS! The service was fantastic, the announcements were in clear English, the flight attendants were friendly and pleasant, wearing a smile and not plastic smiles like MAS and they were very helpful too. I had to fly from KL to Bangkok, transit and catch another flight to Melbourne. It was a 15-hour journey all together, but it was a very pleasant one. I did not feel uncomfortable at all.

Physically, the seats in the plane from Bangkok to Melbourne were a little cramped, but the treatment from the flight attendants definitely made up for it.

So why am I raving about the flight attendants so much? Despite all their humility, they treated my guitar with care and respect. My guitar flew from KL to Bangkok Business Class! And heck, I got the whole overhead compartment to myself for my guitar and backpack. So hey, if you ever need to fly, Thai Airways is the way to go. (No, I’m not paid by them to promote this, but you see what good service can do for you?)

Plus, the two flights were not boring because I made friends with the people sitting beside me. Had a great time. I didn’t sleep at all throughout the 15-hour journey. I watched The Da Vinci Code, Nacho Libre and something else that I can’t remember now on the KL-Bangkok flight.

I got to the apartment, changed, grabbed lunch and slept.

Then I headed out for cell group at night and the group was such warm and welcoming group. Looking forward to good times ahead!

0 Responses to “Fifteen Hours”

Post a Comment



Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Who Is Broken Scar:


    Loves Jesus. Singer. Guitarist. Songwriter. Audio Engineer. Producer. Wears band t-shirts. Wears red t-shirts. Based in Melbourne.



    Broken%20Scar
    Quantcast

    Broken%20Scar
    Quantcast




    XML
    Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com 




    © 2015 Writings In The Sand
    No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.