Weekender Pt. I

Ahhh…A breather, finally.

Here are some observations over the weekend.

Firstly, driving a Perodua Kembara was quite an experience. I remember a good friend saying to me when we were driving in a Kancil, “ Dude, doesn’t this feel like flying an aeroplane with the cockpit blown off?”

Now I shall add to that. Driving a Kembara is like flying a World War II propeller plane!

So what does this have anything to do with music? With the engine dragging and blaring away, the radio busted and the only other option was the only cassette in the deck, a Maroon 5 cassette, it was only natural to turn that up despite disliking them. What was the outcome? I’ve become hooked.

Next up would be a twenty over hour work marathon! A year ago, I would have been discouraged, bitter and fed up, but with a new challenge, I brave the odds. In summary, it’s all in the mind. It’s all about the mindset. It’s all programmable. I took it as an experience and a challenge. Now, it turned out to be a rewarding achievement.

Note: The marathon included two Outside Broadcasts. It all started at 5 a.m. and ended at 1 a.m. the next morning. This used to be normal in the good old days of scouting but now it seems like something to shout about. Signs of old age perhaps. There was only a two hour gap in between them and the drive from one venue to the next took up a solid hour in the World War II machine mentioned above. All in all, it was an amazing experience. (I know I don’t want to talk about work in this blog, but I guess this is just a reminder for me in the future)

To Be Continued...

1 Responses to “Weekender Pt. I”

  1. # Blogger hesitant

    Noooooooooo....  

Post a Comment



Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Who Is Broken Scar:


    Loves Jesus. Singer. Guitarist. Songwriter. Audio Engineer. Producer. Wears band t-shirts. Wears red t-shirts. Based in Melbourne.



    Broken%20Scar
    Quantcast

    Broken%20Scar
    Quantcast




    XML
    Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com 




    © 2015 Writings In The Sand
    No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.