Time Of Year

Currently playing:

1. Melissa Tallon - 21
2. Diana Krall - The Girl In The Other Room
3. Keri Noble - Fearless
4. Shelley Leong - Storyteller
5. Killing Heidi - Killing Heidi

What I'm trying to say is that lately, I've been feeling a huge source of inspiration from the women above. Could it be a phase? Could it be a sign that I'm slowly getting used to the fact that listening to jazz or jazzy tunes isn't just for the forgotten era, the wrinkled and the old-folks home? Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to spite the music. It's just that I never realised what I was missing all this while. Alright, Killing Heidi doesn't quite qualify as jazz, and the inspiration is more of the entire band, and not just the front-woman, Ella Hooper. Music is just in my veins, doesn't matter in what form.

Nevertheless, The Goo Goo Dolls will somehow always play the biggest role in feeding me and renewing my energy to write when a dry-spell is cast.

Let's see what will crop up in the months to come.

4 Responses to “Time Of Year”

  1. # Blogger hesitant

    Great women, great music. Each one quite distinct from the other. Sometimes all you need is some inspiration to push you along.

    "...sleepy planet turns and earns a million colours from the sun..."Happy OS :)  

  2. # Blogger iamamonkeysoareyou

    look for tuck and patti. damn good duo. one guitar, one vox. acoustc/jazz stuff. im swingin that way too..
    haha

    iamamonkeysoareyou
    whoisthemonkeyandareyouit.blogspot.com  

  3. # Blogger Kevin Broken Scar

    nocturnal,

    "Narrow daylight entered my room...
    Shining hours were brief..." Happy OS.

    D,

    Keep those recommendations coming! Will be needing them.
    "Are you gonna go my way..."  

  4. # Blogger jayna

    woah killing heidi... used to hear them when i was in aussieland =D  

Post a Comment



Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Who Is Broken Scar:


    Loves Jesus. Singer. Guitarist. Songwriter. Audio Engineer. Producer. Wears band t-shirts. Wears red t-shirts. Based in Melbourne.



    Broken%20Scar
    Quantcast

    Broken%20Scar
    Quantcast




    XML
    Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com 




    © 2015 Writings In The Sand
    No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.